3 Years Course – Milan
The Fashion Designer is a complete professional figure who has got the necessary skills to design and create a fashion collection, above all thanks to the ability of translating imagination into lines and colors.
He/she is the driving force of the team which he/she works in and which he/she makes the talent available to for the creation of innovating models, demanded by the market.
The Designer collaborates with fashion and textile designers, with those who design and create fabrics, with marketing experts, pattern-makers and tailors, with models who will wear the garments, with showroom staff and photographers.
In addition to intuition, creativity and precision, a Fashion Designer/Couturier must, therefore, know how to work in a team, respecting the deadlines of the sample and taking into account the quality and price standards of the company which he/she works for.
Art Director and Designer at the same time, this figure is able to supervise the various steps of the fashion supply chain, from drawing on paper to the finished product.
- Location: Milan
- Course beginning: October 1st 2020
- Duration: 3 Years
- Enrolment fee: € 988,00 for EU Citizens, € 2.000,00 for non-EU citizens
- Annual Tuition fee: € 12.000
- Final exam fee: € 300,00
The course is dedicated to all the fashion lovers who want to start a path of professional growth in the sector. The courses are also dedicated to beginners or people starting from zero.
Through a three-year path, the course provides students with the culture, knowledge, technical and creative design methodologies necessary to form a complete professional figure able to design and create a fashion collection, both clothing or accessories.
The main purpose of the course is to train a figure capable of managing the entire production cycle, from the moment of conception to the concrete realization. The training course allows students to combine their creativity and technical / creative skills as Fashion Designers with those of Art Directors and Team Leaders, taking care of coordinating and directing the team which they collaborate with.
The professional can work in the following areas and sectors:
- freelance consultant or employee at major fashion houses and style offices.
- can perform duties related to the illustration, graphic design and technique of the product for clothing and accessory collections
- can work on his/her own, creating a own brand and supervising the team on the collection project, from the design on paper to the finished product.
- Art Director, at major Fashion Houses and Style Offices
- can work in companies that have a sartorial or industrial production.
- can collaborate with companies related to the world of entertainment, cinema and theater as well as for television productions.
- freelance consultant for national and international brands.
- Cool Hunter, performing tasks related to trend and trend research
- Consultant for the product office
And Can collaborate with:
- Fashion designers
- fabric manufacturers
- the marketing department
- pattern-makers and tailors
- modeling agencies and showroom staff
In addition to intuition, creativity and precision, the professional figure must demonstrate managerial skills, to confront her/himself with the various professional figures whom she/he collaborates with.
She/he develops her/his projects respecting the deadlines of the sample and taking into account the quality and price standards of the company which she/he works for; design the collections with the support of a team or independently.
- Study of the Anatomy
- Study of the Silhouette
- History of Costume and Fashion 1
- History of Costume and Fashion 2
- Twentieth Century Fashion: Study of the most important international stylists of the ‘900
- Color Theory
- Product 1: Fibers and Yarns
- Product 2: Fabrics and Materials
- Color Match
- Decoration techniques
- Fashion Sketches
- Fashion Rendering Techniques
- Designing skills / Graphic Software
- Graphic illustration / presentation
- Fashion Accessories
- Introduction to Pattern-making
- Study of Bases
- Study of wearability
- Sartorial Model – Pret-à Porter
- Tailoring Model – High Fashion
- Industrial Pattern-making Techniques
- Sartorial Pattern-making Techniques
- Placement on Fabric
- Sartorial tailoring Techniques
- Industrial Packaging Techniques
- Design Techniques
- Data sheet
- Collections – Portfolio: Pret-à-Porter M / W, Sera. Haute Couture, Accessories M / W
- Research Methodology
- Sociology – Fashion System
- Image Consulting
- Fashion Photography
- Photo Shooting
- Backstage – Fashion Show
EXAMS AND TESTS
Teachers schedule quarterly verification tests following the progress of the study plan to check the progress of the students in order to help them in case of difficulties or delays in the program.
Once the course program has been successfully completed, the student can access the final exam to obtain the Professional Diploma as Fashion Designer.
An external commission consisting of industry professionals examines the fashion collection designed by each student.
Once presented the work, the student will answer any question from the examiners and reply any possible objections, proving to have reached a certain confidence in dealing with the topic of technical sheets; the student must illustrate the technical contents of her/his own work and support any objections from the commissioners, giving proof of his professional maturity.