I Haute Couture Tailoring
Haute Couture Tailoring
3-years Course – Milan
The tailors are fundamental figure in the process and production of garments for men, women and kids.
They create handcrafted high-fashion items in the medium-high range, but also tailored garments for formal occasions (baptisms, weddings, graduations, etc.) and transformations or modifications of existing clothes.
The tailors are constantly updated on fashion trends and new materials, have an aesthetic sensitiveness, creativity and excellent dexterity: these figure are irreplaceable as they guarantee the high quality of the completed garments.
- Location: Milan
- Course Beginning: October 1st 2020
- Course duration: 3 years
- Enrolment fee: € 988,00 for EU Citizens, € 2.000,00 for non-EU citizens
- Annual Tuition fee: € 12.000
- Final exam fee: € 300,00
The aim of the course is to train a professionals who are able to work in complete autonomy, supported by technical know-how, and able to cope with the most unexpected and extravagant needs of the stylist and fashion designer, through the development of patterns to the tailoring.
The course is above all practical and is based on the development of models that are first made on paper, then, if necessary, in telina (it is the test fabric) and then in fabric. It starts with the design in real size of the bases of the bodices, of the dresses, of the collars and of the sleeves, to then move on to the design and making of increasingly elaborate skirts, shirts, trousers and jackets.
Subsequently the student learns to interpret and transform the basic models to get the right fit, first working on model paper and then cutting and assembling them in a linen sheet. After testing, the models are packaged and finished in fabric. At the end of the course the student will be able to carry out all the steps necessary for the optimal realization of a garment: take the customer’s measurements, build the pattern and possibly the sheet, package the garment, test it and finish it.
- The fashion designer can work on his own, as a freelance consultant or employee of a style office in more or less known fashion houses.
- Design the collections with the support of a team or independently.
- It relates to the marketing manager, the production manager, the stylist, the prototyping office, the quality manager and the purchasing department, coordinating the phases for the correct realization of the product.
- It can work in companies that have a sartorial or industrial production.
- For research and development organizations in the clothing and culture sector as a theatrical, film and television costume designer.
- Drawing Technique
- Study of Measurements
- Study of wearability
- Study of Bases
- Sartorial model
- High Fashion modeling techniques
- Prêt-à-porter modeling techniques
- Developments and Variations
- Placement on Fabric
- Prototype construction
- Ideational capacity
- Size Development
- Design Techniques
- Cost and Consumption Control
- Quality control
- Canvas, Stickers, Linings
- Data sheet
- Sartorial Packaging Techniques
- Industrial Packaging Techniques
- Models designed by the student
EXAMS AND CHECKS
Teachers carry out quarterly verification tests following the progress of the study plan so as to check the progress of the student in order to help him / her in the event of difficulties or delays in the program.
Once the course program has been successfully completed, the student can enter the final exam to obtain a professional qualification diploma in Tailoring prêt-à-porter.
An external commission made up of industry professionals examines the fashion collection designed by the student.
Once presented their work, the student will be able to answer the questions of the examiners and support possible objections, proving to have reached
a certain confidence in dealing with the topic of technical sheets; the student must illustrate the technical contents of his work and support any objections from the commissioners, giving proof of his professional maturity.