MASTER IN FASHION STYLIST
& IMAGE CONSULTANT
Master – Milan
The Fashion Stylist is a professional figure with a strong creativity, good taste and attention to the details, that are searched and analyzed through concepts and mood identity. Only few know the specific role of this figure, who is fundamental in the fashion world: the stylist selects moods and outfits for the photo shoots to be published in magazines, collaborating closely with bookers from modeling agencies, make-up artists, photographers and stylists. It is fundamental that a synergy is created on the photo set, therefore the communication between these figures is mandatory for the success of a photo service.
The Fashion Stylist is an image professional, who takes care of photo shoots for both editorial and commercial purposes. Whoever carries out this profession must always be updated not only on new trends, collections and fashion events, but must have an interest in art, painting, photography, cinema and music. Anything that can be observed, can enrich and influence the work behind an editorial or the image consultancy, compared to aesthetic standards that are subsequently articulated through this continuous search for people and potential private customers who want to “wear the fashion style ”.
- Location: Milan
- Course Beginning: 1 October 2020
- Duration: 9 months
- Enrolment fee: € 988,00 for EU Citizens, € 2.000,00 for non-EU citizens
- Annual Tuition fee: € 15.000
- Final exam fee: € 300,00
The Master is dedicated to students who have gained previous school or work experience in the Fashion / Design sector and who want to upgrade or specialize as a Fashion Stylist.
- Minimum age 21 years
- Knowledge and use of graphic software (Photoshop)
- Previous school or work experience in the Fashion / Design area
The main purpose of the course is to train a complete professional figure capable of creating visual concepts, designing creative storyboards aimed at clienting them and performing PR activities with professionals such as fashion editors and private clients.
The student will develop the ability to build outfits with a strong appeal, creating a synergy between fashion clothing and accessories.
The Fashion Stylist can work on his own, as a freelance consultant, or as an employee of an editorial office or showroom. It can also collaborate with communication agencies or fashion houses that make use of the collaboration of this type of figure internally.
- Fashion Stylist: How & Why
- Concept style analysis and identification
- Styling & Trend Setting
- Identy style creation (editorial / own style)
- Styling mood (analysis, construction)
- Computer graphics
- The destinations of use
- The outfit: research, construction, finalization
- The wardrobe: magazine or retail shop
- Styling techniques
- Trend analysis
- Fashion Photography identity
- Fashion photographers: analysis and understanding of the stylistic structure in the Fashion photo
- Fashion style
- Analysis and understanding of the most important Fashion Stylists
- Fashion visual communication
- The creative language of styling
- Web and Social
- Pre job relations: to be recognizable
- How to manage your business
- Detailed analysis of Famous fashion designers
- Location analysis for shooting
- Stage setting: indoors and outdoors
- Creation of a wardrobe for fashion shooting
- Models & Fashion Agency
- Stylist vs Fashion Photographer
- Portfolio construction
EXAMS AND TESTS
Teachers schedule quarterly verification tests following the progress of the study plan to check the progress of the students in order to help them in case of difficulties or delays in the program.
Once the course program has been successfully completed, the student can access the final exam to obtain the Master Certificate in Fashion Stylist & Image Consultant which will allow the student to directly enter the world of work as a highly qualified professional.